By Joel R. Fried
The Definitive consultant to Polymer ideas, homes, Synthesis, purposes, and Simulations
Now totally revised, Polymer technology and know-how, 3rd Edition, systematically stories the field’s present country and rising advances. top polymer professional Joel R. Fried bargains glossy insurance of either processing rules and functions in a number of industries, together with drugs, biotechnology, chemical substances, and electronics.
This edition’s new and improved assurance levels from complex synthesis to the newest drug supply purposes. New subject matters comprise managed radical polymerization, click on chemistry, eco-friendly chemistry, block copolymers, nanofillers, electrospinning, and more.
A brand-new bankruptcy deals wide assistance for predicting polymer houses, together with extra assurance of crew correlations, and new discussions of using topological indices and neural networks. this can be additionally the 1st introductory polymer textual content to totally clarify computational polymer technology, together with molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo tools. Simulation ideas are supported with many program examples, starting from prediction of PVT values to permeability and loose volume.
Fried completely covers artificial polymer chemistry; polymer homes in answer and in soften, rubber, and sturdy states; and all vital different types of plastics. This revised variation additionally provides many new calculations, end-of-chapter difficulties, and references.
In-depth assurance comprises
- Polymer synthesis: step- and chain-growth; bulk, resolution, suspension, emulsion, solid-state, and plasma; ionic beverages, and macromers; and genetic engineering
- Amorphous and crystalline states, transitions, mechanical houses, and solid-state characterization
- Polymers and the surroundings: degradation, balance, and extra
- Additives, blends, block copolymers, and composites–including interpenetrating networks, nanocomposites, buckyballs, carbon nanotubes, graphene, and POSS
- Biopolymers, common polymers, fibers, thermoplastics, elastomers, and thermosets
- Engineering and area of expertise polymers, from polycarbonates to ionic polymers and high-performance fibers
- Polymer rheology, processing, and modeling
- Correlations and simulations: workforce contribution, topological indices, man made neural networks, molecular dynamics, and Monte Carlo simulations